Electronic Musician said “Moody and well-orchestrated, this release takes you places.”
Anil Prasad (Innerviews) said “Darkroom is a constant source of intrigue, wonder and invention.”
Prog magazine said “It all makes for a totally transportive and progressive mind clearer of an album.”
Os, January 2014
Lots to tell this month ...
* We’re thrilled to be part of a feature on ambient music in the January 2014 issue of Prog magazine (www.progrockmag.com). Not least because we’re interviewed alongside Laraaji, whose album Day Of Radiance is an all-time favourite for both of us (and indeed, is Os’s ringtone).
* Our current album Gravity’s Dirty Work also receives a very positive review (“... a totally transportive and progressive mind clearer …” ) in the same issue, and a track from the album is included on the cover CD.
* In case you missed it, Gravity’s Dirty Work was released in October 2013, in download, CD, and (for the first time in Darkroom’s history) limited-edition double vinyl formats, all of which can be ordered from darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com
* Opening a series of releases planned for 2014, we’ve just released a new 15 minute track called Trident Mountain Sky, a piece recorded during the early (Feb 2009) sessions for Gravity’s Dirty Work but not used on the album. Originally planned as a Christmas single, we felt it was more timeless. But it’s still available for free, as planned, at darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com/track/trident-mountain-sky
* Next up is a soundtrack album! We’re delighted that our music was chosen by filmmaker Chris Marsh for his sci-fi short Rhombus (rhombus2013.tumblr.com). A selection of tracks are featured, spanning the Fallout albums (early 2000’s) right up to 2013’s London Loopfest recording, via podcast tracks recorded in collaboration with Daryl Shawn (www.darylshawn.com). The film is currently doing well on the festival circuit.
Thanks for all your support! Do get in touch.
You can stream the full album (and of course buy it) here:
Os, October 2013
'Gravity's Dirty Work' can be pre-ordered on Bandcamp.
Os, September 2013
Physical: CD and limited edition heavyweight double vinyl LP with Carl Glover-designed gatefold sleeve
Download: all the usual sources (iTunes etc.) or darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com, which will provide the best possible quality downloads (generated from the 24 bit masters).
Pre-orders from 5th September via www.burningshed.com/store/darkroom or darkroomtheband.bandcamp.com.
Os, August 2013
Solo performance by Andrew Ostler of Darkroom, at
the London Music Hackspace Performance Night, part of
Hack The Barbican 2013.
Os, August 2013